Sounds delicious…. right? Especially when it comes squelching out of the bag, bubbly and green. But mix that somewhat mysterious substance with a few other things, and you’ll have a dip you’ll be wishing you didn’t have to share at parties.
Disclaimer: I first got this recipe from Food Network, but adapted it a little bit, plus I’ll be adding some more in depth directions.
- 1 cup thawed, chopped frozen spinach
- 11/2 cups thawed, chopped frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup water
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (instead of red pepper flakes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- I (should have) started out this recipe by grating the Parmesan cheese, and measuring out all of the ingredients.
- Then I put the water, spinach and artichokes into a sauce pan on the stove on high. The mixture boils pretty quickly, so be ready to take it off.
- While that was boiling, I heated up the cream cheese for 1 minute, and combined the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise together in a large bowl, mixing well.
- When the spinach artichoke mixture was finished I drained the water, and mixed it into the cream cheese base mix, combining well before adding the cayenne pepper, salt and garlic powder.
- I refrigerated mine because I’m not serving it until Friday, but when I am ready to bring it out, I will microwave it for about a minute. Eating this dip warm is definitely a must.
- Share! (and of course consume)
This recipe is a great concoction to bring to any party at any time of the year, especially during the winter holidays because of the combination of the savory flavor and the warmth of it after you swallow. Plus it only takes 15 minutes to make!
Be sure to let me know if you use this recipe!